Sunday, August 22, 2010

Will getting a masters, getting >3.5gpa in the program, help getting into medical school?

I have been accepted to a forensic science masters program at drexel and have been accepted to Ross Medical University in the Caribbean. I am leaning towards getting my masters and then possibly med school afterwards if i still want to go to school. I rather not go a caribbean school even though I know alot of people who have and have done extensive research on the big four. Just wondering will doing well in my masters program compensate for my poor undergraduate gpa? and help me get into a US Med School?

Will getting a masters, getting %26gt;3.5gpa in the program, help getting into medical school?
How are your MCATs? If those are weak, too, a masters--even with stellar grades--will likely do very little to make you more appealing to US medical schools.





If your UGPA and MCATs happen to both be weak, do you have an explanation for the poor previous performance? Can you make a compelling argument that some circumstance has changed such that you will not have similar troubles in your medical school career? Is there a reason you believe you can get a 3.5 for a masters when your UG performance was lower?

have perfect teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment