Sunday, August 22, 2010

What would a minor in secondary education entail or allow me to do?

I will be going off to college in August. My current major and minors are Microbiology with Chemistry and Secondary Education.


Chemistry is included for any Micro Major. I'm just wondering if I can still get a certification for teaching in Illinois if I only have a minor in Secondary Ed.


I'm not quite sure where I want to go with my life yet, but I know I either want to work either in medical research or teaching, most likely research. I'd really like to have a backup plan, hence the Secondary Ed. minor.


I'm a pretty good student, head of my class, and 30 ACT.


Also, with my major being what it is, would that minor be worth it?


I'd like information from someone who might have had a similar experience.


Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated though. Thanks!

What would a minor in secondary education entail or allow me to do?
The minor would guarantee that that you can teach high-school Chem in at least Illinois. Most teaching certificates are valid in several other states as well. A great and thoughtful backup plan.

hotels

No comments:

Post a Comment