Thursday, August 19, 2010

What are the requirements to teach science in secondary education in Illinois?

I will be majoring in Microbiology in college with minors in Chemistry and Secondary Education. Chemistry is required for the major I chose.





From what research I've done, I've found that people with a degree in Microbiology are in high demand to teach high school Biology and Chemistry.


I think I want to work in medical research. Teaching is my backup plan. I would still like to be certified to teach.





I can't seem to find what the requirements for someone with my major are to get a teaching certificate.


Does anyone know where I can find this information?


Also, what will this minor entail?


Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated!


Thanks!

What are the requirements to teach science in secondary education in Illinois?
You already have all the college credit requirements.All you have to do is to pass your teachers certificatioin test, and you are in.
Reply:call or write the Illinois state board of education and ask.


No comments:

Post a Comment